JOB DESCRIPTION: You will be part of a Data Engineering Team that creates a Data Platform which allows proactive decision making, alerting and self-healing capabilities. We’re using data in ground breaking ways to uncover customer insights, personalize customer experiences through AI/ML across the Supply Chain industry, and provide a unified customer view across all YANTRA products.
- BS in Computer Science/MSc Computer Applications/MCA
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance and schema design.
- Strong programming skills in Java, C++, Python, Ruby or similar.
- Knowledge of Elixir on Erlang and Microservices framework is a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in Data or BI Engineering, Data Warehousing or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 8+ years of experience in Hadoop or any Cloud Bigdata components
- Expertise in Java/Scala/Python, SQL, Scripting, Teradata, Hadoop (Sqoop, Hive, Hbase, Storm, Druid, Cassandra, Columnar, Graph DB, Pig, Map Reduce), Spark (Spark Streaming, Mlib), Kafka or equivalent Cloud Bigdata components
- Experience with various offerings from AWS, including S3, EMR, Redshift, Data Pipeline, Athena and Kinesis is a big plus.
- History of contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- 3+ years DevOps experience including configuration, optimization, backup, high reliability, monitoring and systems version control.
- Track record working with data from multiple sources – willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including business writing and presentations. Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on critical few key points. Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, ability to influence at all levels, and build strong relationships.
- Knowledge of enacting service level agreements and the appropriate escalation and communication plans to maintain them
HOW YOU WILL LEAD:
- Design and develop big data and real-time analytics solutions using industry standard technologies.
- Develop web services that make big data available in real-time for in-product applications.
- Work with Director of Supply Chain Data Solutions to ensure that Big Data solutions are aligned with company-wide technology directions.
- Lead fast moving development teams using agile methodologies.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Communicate progress across organizations and levels from individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify the critical few issues that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in actionable form.
- Demonstrate strong implementation aptitude to translate objectives into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the end customer while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate commitment to your professional development by attending conferences, taking classes, giving technical presentations, and participating in developer communities inside and outside of YANTRA commerce
NOTE: This description describes the essential job functions, general skills, competencies and requirements of the position. It does not list all functions for each position within the job and the employee may be requested to perform other job-related duties. The requirements stated represent the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job